1. The major portion of the atom is empty.
2. The total mass of the atom is present in the nucleus
3. The size of the nucleus is very small as compared with the size of the atom.
4. The positive charge is concentrated in the nucleus.
5. The electrons revolves around the nucleus.
Drawbacks in Rutherford's Atomic Model:
1. According to classical elecrtomagnetic theory, the revolving electrons will lose energy continously. Therefore the orbit of the electrons will become smaller and smaller until the electrons fall into th nucleus. Hence atom should be unstable.
2.If the electrons emit energy continously, they should form a continous spectrum but actually line spectrum is obtained.